BREEDON HIGHLAND FOOTBALL LEAGUE Inverurie Locos 0 Buckie Thistle 0 Locos - A Reid T Reid Herd Michie Crisp Broadhurst Charlesworth McLean (Watt) Gauld Angus Leyden. Unused subs Bolton Marr Hinks Cook Thistle - Herbert Murray (Urquhart) Morrison MacKinnon Wood MacAskill Skinner Cowie (MacKenzie) Robertson McKenna Ross (Milne). Unused subs Adams Dorrat Strong Ref - Darren Munro This match ended bereft of goals, but certainly didn’t lack incident, attacking intent & goalmouth activity. Inverurie were on the back of their Highland League Cup exit at Pitmedden, & with Stuart Duff suspended & Mark Souter, Greg Mitchell, Connor Rennie, Andy Hunter, Johnny Smith, Kyle Gordon & Joe Mccabe all injured or ill, changes had to be made to the line up. Dan Crisp paired up again with Chopper Broadhurst at centre half, Chris Herd at left back, Thomas Reid at right back, Leyden, McLean, Michie & Charlesworth across the middle with Angus & Gauld up top. Buckie are beginning to get some respite from a hideous injury list of their own & the sides looked well matched. Referee Munro was taking his Harlaw bow, having previously been the man in the middle at the Mosset Park league fixture last term. The surface had coped really well with the heavy Garioch rain & was freshly lined by groundsman Arthur Robertson, at last able to capitalise on a dry few hours after a frustrating week of weather. Conditions were cold but calm with a really good crowd attending, bolstered by a another Hospitality sell out. The Locos bench was 100% teenage. Steve Ross was first to threaten & forced Andy Reid to a trademark close range brave block. Neil Gauld was released clean through on goal by a sublime McLean pass, but the referee incredibly failed to give a somewhat obvious advantage to Inverurie & hauled play all the way back to a felled Locos skipper for an unwelcome free-kick. Andrew Skinner received a longish warning from the referee after a late foul before Jordan Leyden was knocked off his pins by a body charge in the box that was risky in the extreme. Sam Robertson was showing up well on the right flank & his header looked net bound before Reid leapt up into the Harlaw sky like a neon salmon to tip the ball over the bar. Jamie Michie cracked a long range drive just over & Charlesworth then burst clear of everyone but his shot from a difficult angle went wide. Andy MacAskill was pulling the strings for Jags & had the first of several long range shots fielded by Reid. The same player then had a header stopped & a further shot just rise clear of the bar. Buckie on top at this point, especially in chances created, but in open play it was a properly competitive clash & certainly one the punters were enjoying. Thomas Reid was calmness & maturity personified at the back for Locos, drawing on warm support from the fans in the Terrace & on the Terrace side. Reid set up a Gauld chance that crashed off the top of the bar. The beleaguered referee saw a save or a deflection that no-one else did, but thankfully his linesman had kept his eye on the flight of the ball & the goal-kick was finally given. Neil Gauld then blasted another shot goalward as Locos came right back into this clash. What a let off for Inverurie though next. Only Steve Ross will know how he contrived to miss from a few yards out. MacAskill’s dual with Reid continued with the big stopper getting right down into the corner to repel another shot from outside the box. The award of a free kick to Jags by the linesman annoyed assistant gaffer Park & a short verbal scolding ensued. Charlesworth was getting some joy & Skinner was forced into a cautionable foul to bring the speedster to the deck. HT 0-0. Chris Angus nearly created a chance for himself right at the start of the second half then MacAskill was yellowed for dissent it seemed. Skinner drove wide of the sticks as did Morrison & Ross. McLean pulled up injured with Andy Watt going into the engine room. Almost a Roy of the Rovers moment when the newly introduced player shot wide from eighteen yards. A Gauld header was blocked, a Charlesworth cross nearly flew in & next a Robertson show went too high. Lee Herbert wasn’t nearly as busy as the big lad at the other end but nevertheless he pulled off a top stop from a Chris Angus header. Not only did he superbly produce the save he had to rumble through bodies & a restricted view to do so. Flashpoint next with Andy Reid appearing to be have been stamped on, with Locos team-mates reacting angrily. Robertson, Leyden & Michie received cautions which appeared an odd outcome but its so difficult for the officials to properly identify & punish players when there’s out outbreak of handbag swinging. Thomas Reid was really unlucky to pick up a yellow soon after in the context of the match. Chris Herd was next to be added to the referee’s naughty boy list. In the ninety second minute Chris Angus swept a super cross to Neil Gauld but his header flew at a height of eight foot four instead of seven foot ten so this pulsating encounter finished Locos 0 Jags 0. The overtime looked undercooked given the outbreak of yellow fever and the four substitutions.  A cracking match where Buckie quite factually claimed the better & greater number of chances but one where Locos had a better than average penalty claim ignored & enough openings of their own to win this league fixture on another day. A proper SHFL match for both sets of fans. Sponsors MOTM went to Andy Reid with the Foxlane Garden Centre MOTM going to Thomas Reid. Next up is the Gordon Grapple, the Strathbogie Stramash, the Glens of Foudland Fracas. Huntly v Locos Sat Dec 1 3pm, Christie Park. Match stats - Locos first. Shots ON 1-6, OFF 6-7, Corners 4-3, Offside 3-0, Fouls 11-10, Yellows 4-4.   

#locos #buckie #shfl

Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Search By Tags
No tags yet.
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square